Punkoiska lostndamned
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratio free sites

+4
DoWot
Howling
Norwood
::aka::
8 posters

Go down

Ratio free sites Empty Ratio free sites

Post by ::aka:: Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 am

How does everyone feel about ratio free sites?

Would you upload to a ratio free site, I know everyone would download, but how does people feel if there aren't any indication of how much you've uploaded?

Back to top Go down

Ratio free sites Empty Re: Ratio free sites

Post by Norwood Fri May 31, 2013 11:35 am

This doesn't really affect me, I never have much to upload that's very unique or special, and also I can't really seed very much? Maybe 5-10 hours a month. So it takes me a long time to ever get a ratio on a ratio site. So it is never really much point me uploading. Unless someone else can grab it and seed.

I do do a fair bit of leeching off public sites that don't have ratio's. And I never keep them open in my utorrent. Which is probably a bit of a cunt act. But as I said I can never really seed anyway...

So I like them I guess? But I do feel a bit guilty about it. If I could seed all the time, I would if I had unlimited interweaves. But if I was on a limited downloads then I probably wouldn't ever upload? I'd feel ripped off in a way? That's a selfish thing I know? But yea...
Norwood
Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Howling Fri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

I used to do my utmost to upload when i was living at home and have been top uploader numerous times on various sites but have seen too many crashes and fuck ups to really try now..although if i was still a big downloader i would make much more of an effort.
Howling
Howling
Admin

https://poslostndamned.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DoWot Fri May 31, 2013 4:57 pm

I'd upload, if I'm taking I like to give back....ohh err

DoWot

Back to top Go down

Post by lizard Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 pm

I'll uploaded happily but the ratio free leaves you even more open to the hit and runners and even worse those who can't be arsed to even say thanks Rolling Eyes
but whatever happens I do feel we need a tracker again lol!

lizard

Back to top Go down

Post by ::aka:: Fri May 31, 2013 8:06 pm

To give my opinion, I would still upload, for quite sometime I've been adding openbittorrent announce url to my torrents.

The reason I'm asking is that it would be very easy to set up the site without a tracker and just upload torrent created using publictracker announce urls
openbittorrent.com/
publicbt.com/
istole.it/

Back to top Go down

Post by Howling Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Thats a very very good point. Would we also on public trackers reap the benifit on seeders not on the site?
I think ratio free would be are best option aswell as confidence levels would be low as there have been so many crashes to contend with.
Howling
Howling
Admin

https://poslostndamned.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kimo Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 pm

I am pretty active on a couple of ratio free sites and it doesn't really bother me about ratios....never has.

The advanatges of not having a tracker is that you can use free software and not have to worry about donations and stuff, as well as avoiding trying to find a host that will also allow trackers.
Zetaboards and Invisionfree provide free boards (as far as I know)...but you do have to put up with a little bit of advertising on them.Now,

The two ratio free sites I'm on both use open torrents, so you either don't enter a tracker announce when creating the torrent or you could use one of the ones aka mentioned.
Also they have a say thanks policy, in which you must reply to the thread before you can even see the attached torrent file. This is purely so that the admins can see who is grabbing what and if anyone is really taking the piss leaching.

Also they have a two level member system. There's regular members and advanced members...each having heir own own torrent sections.
So when someone joins they can only see the regular torrent section and can post / download from here. If they become active on site either in the forums or posting a few things they get access to the full board.
Advanced members can post/download from either section.
This method tends to keep the leachers from really pissing of the sites more active members.

seems to work pretty good.
kimo
kimo

Back to top Go down

Post by u.s.c.b. Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:24 am

Sounds cool, I never upload anyway and seed shit for years with little care ( Hell, For some reason from time to time i serve the last dwarves cd from the first pos scratch) But i use ratio free sites all the time and really as long as more than a few people can keep there computer on during the night/day and keep there torrents active, Everybody on the board benefits . (Besides were more of a "shoot the shit" community anyway)
u.s.c.b.
u.s.c.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by ratman Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 am

On ratio free sites i usually seed for a few days & then i stop them but that's cuz i have a shitty connection anyway & there are a lot of seeders so there is no point in trying to get a 1:1 ratio. But i can seed for more time if I know that there are only few seeders. So yeah maybe we should give this free ratio thing a go. Though lizard is right about the one thing. I don't think I have said thanks often while downloading from piratebay. It's something I need to work on.
ratman
ratman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum